Let’s face it, no one likes losing their hair, and if you are among the many women and men in the United States who have experienced hair loss, then you’ll be happy to know that there is hope to restore your hair to the glorious mane it once was! A new treatment called PRP Hair Restoration makes use of your plasma rich platelets to stimulate and rejuvenate your hair follicles. If you think that PRP Hair Restoration is a treatment that may be right for you, then read on. It is a fact that both men and women experience hair loss due to aging, alopecia, chemotherapy or genetic factors. But that doesn’t mean you have to live a life with thinning hair and permanent hair loss. The Plasma Rich System (PRP) will help to regrow your beautiful hair in no time.
How does PRP work?
First, it’s important to understand what PRP stands for. PRP, plasma rich platelets, uses your plasma rich blood to stimulate hair growth. The way it works is that your doctor administers a local anesthetic and your blood is then collected, processed and injected carefully into your scalp. PRP has been used safely and effectively in over 150,000 patients resulting in regrown hair that is even thicker than before.
What else should I know about PRP Hair Restoration?
- Is there any pain? A topical and local anesthetic is all that is needed and pain experienced is reported to be minimal. Some soreness is expected as the treated areas heal.
- How many treatments are required with PRP Hair Restoration Therapy? With treatments typically spaced every 4 to 6 weeks, it is expected that up to four treatments will be needed to see the best results.
- What side effect will I experience, if any? Side effects are rare but may include mild nausea and dizziness.
- Is PRP Hair Restoration treatment permanent? Typically, a patient will notice the best results in six months. Because touch-ups are required, the procedure is not considered permanent. Patients may require touch-up injections at least once a year.
- Aftercare treatment – There are certain things you should be careful of after your PRP Hair Restoration treatment in Coconut Creek. Washing your hair right away is not advised. Patients should wait about three days. Swimming is also not advised for a few days after the treatment.
When will I see the amazing results of my PRP Hair Restoration Treatment?
Since everyone heals differently, the initial results vary from person to person. But you can expect to see results within three to six months after the initial series of injections. Some may need to follow with a second series to see optimal results.
If you’re interested in learning more about the PRP Hair Restoration treatment or just want to find out more about how it works and if it might be right for you, reach out to the medical team at East/West Physicians. We will be happy to answer all of your questions and arrange for a free consultation. Your beautiful hair is what makes you unique. Don’t spend another day lamenting over your thinning mane. Try PRP Hair Restoration in Coconut Creek today!